Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Run

Beautiful morning, 58 degrees, 15 mph wind (not bad for here). Everything is bursting with the green of spring. The grass is growing well and the weeds are growing better, what an awesome time of year! My run this morning was supposed to be an easy 5 miler. It seemed to be a little harder than it should have been and when I finished I found out why. My pace was quite a bit faster than usual. I finished 5.04 miles in 39:30 / 7:51 pace. This is the fastest training run I have had all year. My 5 mile St. Pats race I averaged 7:48 but that was a race. If things continue during my training I should have a very good shot at qualifying for the Boston Marathon.
2 days of vacation remaining, time to plant some grass seed and kill some weeds!

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing, running and inspiring. I'm jealous of that sub 8 pace!

    ReplyDelete