Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Update

After doing three races within a months time I backed off my running for about three weeks. Work has been busy, as always, but I also think I just needed a little time off to recharge the batteries. The down time from running has been good this time. In the past I have worried that I might not get back into running but I never really had that feeling this time. I knew I would be back, I just needed a little time, and fall race to pull me along.

I haven't fully committed to any race plans yet, but the Kansas City Marathon on October 20 is currently at the top of my list. It's close, fairly affordable as marathons go, and I will know some people running it.

With this stifling heat the last couple of weeks I have been doing some early morning runs. As long as I can get myself out of bed and get going, they are pretty awesome. I have only been going 4-5 miles at a time, but once I get my sleep habits adjusted maybe I can go a little further before work. Keep in mind, my goal is to be done running by 5:30am. Care to join me?

I even managed to get up early this morning and finish up my run just shortly after 7am in order to beat the heat.
As dry as it has been there is still plenty of color along the roads. The gravel leading away from our house is lined with purple cornflowers, it's kind of nice running along here.
Blue Cornflowers lining the road.

At just past the two mile mark there is an abandoned house on top of a hill. The yard is filled with these flowers.


My photography skills leave something to be desired because you can't see the true impact of the flowers from this picture. I tried some digital enhancements but still couldn't do it justice.




No comments:

Post a Comment