Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Coregasm!?

Back at the end of February I mentioned that I was doing some core strength training with a group of friends and posted what we were doing. The nice thing is that we are still meeting three times a week and getting stronger. I have also been looking at changing things up a bit.

One of our goals is to get better at pushups. Unfortunately none of us has really seen much growth in this area. Last week we changed up the order of our exercised a bit and instead of the second set of push ups being "traditional style", they are "reptile push ups". We also have a lot of planks in our workout, the first video is a variation on a side plank that requires some extra balance.

I will offer a video demonstration below, but before I do, I wanted to give you a little background.

I couple of months ago I stumbled across bodyrock.tv. They have some interesting workout titles, but they are serious about being in shape.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but their videos may leave you speechless.


They do so many different variations on core work that I couldn't find the original "reptile push up", so here is a different video offering you a slightly more subdued idea of what it is.





In all seriousness, if you are looking for some quick, intense workouts, check out bodyrock.tv. These workouts certainly are not for everyone, but maybe it can get you going in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment