Thursday, June 11, 2009

Planning Ahead

I am usually not a very good planner, but I am serious about completing this marathon and giving it my best shot at qualifying for Boston. In order to stick with my runs I really have to look ahead at my schedule and decide when and where I will run. Today's run was only going to happen if I woke up at 3:45 am and hit the pavement by 4. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I was sore and slow, and it was sprinkling when I started out, so I had plenty of excuses not to run. Somehow I managed to stick it out, and pounded out an easy six this morning. I often wonder what people think when they see a guy running down the street at 4:30 in the morning, hell sometimes I wonder what I am doing running down the street at 4:30 in the morning!
I was planning a run in Iowa on Wednesday, had it all mapped out, but when I drove the course ahead of time I found out that one of the streets was closed. Not many options to change course in Estherville Iowa, so I put my run off until later that day when I returned home.
Next week I will have the opportunity to run in Marshall Minnesota. It makes for a fun challenge, to map out courses ahead of time. By the time the marathon rolls around I will have runs in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Las Vegas!
Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment