Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Blog Time

I had a little time to blog today.

2011 Mileage

I am very pleased with my miles last year leading up to the Hy-Vee Triathlon. July and August miles had a lot of cycling in them which I definitely plan on doing more of this year. 

I was hit pretty hard this week with a combo sinus infection and a side order of strep throat. But I am just about through my antibiotics and managed to get a few miles in again this morning. I really have to get my training back on track. I am a little lost without a coach, I am not sure that I am disciplined enough to do a proper job of training for my first major event of the year, The Ice Age 50K, but we'll see how it all pans out. 

The other event that I am signed up for is a century ride in LaCrosse Wisconsin. I completed this ride two years ago; it is a fundraiser to help find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes. I had the opportunity this year to help with a local fundraiser for a little girl in our community that has Juvenile Diabetes. It is a terrible disease that affects the entire family every day in many ways that you and I wouldn't even begin to think about. I am proud to be able to help with this. I will post a fundraising link when it is available, you can learn more about these events throughout the US here.

I would like to add in a marathon or half marathon during my training for the 50K but I haven't found one in the area yet. I would also be inclined to complete 50 miles sometime this fall if all goes well. For now, we'll just take it one event at a time and try to stay healthy and enjoy what I am doing.

I almost hate to admit it, but I am going to attempt a small running streak. My goal is to run every day the rest of January. My minimum mileage must be at least one mile per day. It doesn't sound like much, but if all goes well the next two weeks, then there is always February to consider. Yeah, it's a little unconventional and might sound a little crazy, but I look at it as a good way to get some base mileage and leg strength going again. 

I am just glad that I am finally relaxed and feeling like a human again because most of last week.....I felt like a monster!




No comments:

Post a Comment