Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Chill

Even though we have snow, it has not been terribly cold here until the last couple of days.

2 days ago I was still running in shorts
29F
I didn't notice it until I uploaded the picture, but there is a ferocious cat beside me, waiting for the right moment to pounce on its prey.....stupid cat.


I had a short and sweet Christmas run this morning, but the weather was much different.
8F / -4 windchill

The photographer refused to go outside in the deadly cold for this picture.

Enter the Running Ninja!


I am grateful for my winter running gear. 

It is quite the assembly of brands including Under Armour (hat, baklava, pants, and undershirt), Manzella windproof gloves, Mizuno breth thermo shirt, and breath thermo shirt and socks, and my Road Runner Sports wind blocking jacket. 

It is not always easy to muster up enough will to get outside when it is this cold but I am always glad when I do.

Are you a cold weather runner?

What is your favorite winter running gear?


1 comment:

  1. I HATE running in the cold! just Hate it. I could run 20 miles on a treadmill before I do 1 mile out in the cold dressed up like Eskimo.

    ReplyDelete