Sunday, October 17, 2010

Attitude Adjustment with the Altitude

The taper has been good to me.
I have for the most part quit worrying and thinking about the BQ.
I have quit whining and whimpering about the Missouri hills.
I have readjusted my attitude.

I am typically a very positive person. My glass is usually half full, I work hard to anticipate and prepare for the worst and work to improve on it. I generally see adversity and problems as opportunities to learn and grow stronger for the future. But, I am human. Even I have a bad day or two where the attitude stinks and life doesn't seem fair. Luckily for me, I have a great support crew within my running world which has helped me claw my way back to the top of the attitude chart.

I am back.I don't mind the hills now.I am getting stronger.They are getting easier.They will make me better.

Less than one week now until the Mankato Marathon!

If you are truly bored, here is a 52 second video of me running up one of the hills on my route. This will give you an idea of the terrain in the area.

1 comment: