Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pasture Run

I managed to work in a nice little run around the pasture today. I try not to get too close to the cows because they are very protective of their calves.


2 laps is about 4.6 miles and 4 creek crossings with every lap. The elevation really isn't too bad, someday when I get back in shape I should be able to run it all. It's just nice that I can get in a "trail" run leaving right from my home and following the cow paths around the perimeter of the pasture.

I am still struggling to establish some healthy habits but the exercise is getting better. I am back with my workout group every MWF and if I can't make it in the morning, I have been making it up in the evening.

I have somehow let my health and my life get slightly out of control. I let it drive me instead of me driving it. Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you, but essentially I have been in a long slump.

I am working my way out of it. Nothing serious, I have the power to take back control, and I am doing so every day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff,

    I saw on your blog that you did the HyVee Triathalon a few years ago. My father also did it, and he got the same visor you did. He wore it everyday and it was his favorite. However, he lost it last year and has wanted another ever since. Father's Day is coming up next weekend, so I have been looking for one to replace it for him. I saw the picture on your blog and it's exactly what he wants! If you still have it and would be willing to sell it to me, please email me at doublee1998@gmail.com

    Thank you so much!
    Ethan

    ReplyDelete