Wednesday, February 27, 2013

In a Slump

(from Google)

slump  

/sləmp/
Verb
Sit, lean, or fall heavily and limply.
Noun
A sudden severe or prolonged fall in the price, value, or amount of something.
Synonyms
verb.  fall - sink
noun.  depression

So...here is how my Ice Age 50 training has been coming along.

I have completed 6 runs in the last four weeks. My last "run" was on Saturday. I thought it would be great to spend a couple of hours out on the snow covered trails. Two miles into the run, I stopped an turned around. I had a lot of pain in my foot, my plantar fasciitis suddenly decided to flare up again. I am pretty sure it came from a 7+ mile run on the road in my Altra's. I have not been wearing them much and there is very little cushion in them. I love how light they are, but I need a cushioned shoe.

I hobbled around all day Sunday and Monday with foot and back pain. It seems to be getting better day by day.

When I am not injured, it seems I have been either working, eating, or sleeping. I have totally lost my balance in life. I am fully aware of it but just have not been able to reign things back in and make some time to run. I cannot blame the boss, I set my own hours and schedule.



I guess I am just in a slump.

I have gained weight

I am not eating well or exercising much

I just need to find my mojo and get moving again, especially if I am going to run 50 miles in May.

Maybe I will try running tomorrow...

How do you pull yourself out of a slump? What gets you motivated to move again?


No comments:

Post a Comment