Sunday, May 27, 2012

Scenes from Sunday

Nothing special to report about this run today.
It was hot, windy, hilly, and beautiful out.
I have run a new road the last two days.
I took my pepper spray with me in case I happened to cross paths with any dogs.
Luckily, I didn't need it.

2 miles of rolling hills ahead

The only wildlife that I spotted today was a turkey. Too hot for the deer and luckily no snakes.

Harrison County has a average population of 10 people
per square mile. I typically see less than 1 vehicle per mile.



Running out here gives me plenty of time to think. I don't listen to music because I have to be able to hear any vehicles coming. Many problems have been solved, ideas have been generated, and demons have been exorcised on the road.

I just find this sign funny.
Meet me at the intersection of EE FF and F!

No stoplights to worry about out here.

Just me and the fence posts...

When we first moved here almost two years ago I was mad and frustrated at all of the rolling hills, it seems like they just never stop.

It took me awhile, but I made peace with them.

Now I embrace them.



I know most of these pictures probably look about the same to most people. I enjoy running new areas because you never know what's on the other side of the next hill. Around here....it's usually another hill.





1 comment:

  1. I won't ever see a carless road like that in California. You are lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete