Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Run

Took a nice Sunday drive in the Asics today. I had a new route in mind that I figured would take close to 2 hours to complete. I cruised through some nice rolling hills this morning, none of them real massive but as you can see, they just never stop around here.

Surprisingly, I realized after I was done that this was the longest distance that I have run since April. Now that I am falling back in love with running, it's time to see if I can spend some more quality time with her. :-)


Being able to check out the elevation profile after a run is pretty cool if you ask me!


Sights on today's run included:
  • Miniature horses (they ran with me)
  • Cows (they ran from me)
  • Amish family walking down the road to church
  • goat
  • flock of sheep
  • field of mums
  • pig
  • Chickens
  • 8 vehicles in 13.1 miles
Running out here can be an adventure, I will try to take the camera with me next time.


I do have my next race in mind. I am looking at the Fall Fell Trail Race in Olathe Kansas on October 16th, or maybe, (probably not though) the Lake Perry 50K on October 22. This would be my first attempt on the 50K distance. We'll see how it all pans out with the short training window, it may be biting off a little more than I can chew, but that wouldn't be anything new for me.

1 comment: