Monday, July 4, 2011

I must be crazy...

I have started and deleted several posts since my last one...but here it goes.
I was a little lost after Fargo. I had a lot of ideas about how I was going to proceed this year. I tossed around several thoughts including a revenge marathon, or doing something amazing like trying to run a marathon per month for a year. Lucky for me, I came down with a nasty case of bronchitis which definitely kept me from any revenge thoughts. But being sick also allowed me to do some deeper thinking. I am not convinced that the marathon is for me. Yeah maybe I am a little slow coming to that conclusion, I have already run four of them. Seriously though, in all of my running, I just don't get much enjoyment from any runs over 2 hours. I have not totally sworn off marathons or anything crazy like that, but for now, I am going to keep the runs shorter and mix up my training between swimming, biking, and running.

With this being said,  I have now officially signed up for my first triathlon!
Yes, this runner is now in training to become a triathlete. I waited until the last possible minute and then I did it, I will be doing the Hy-Vee Triathlon on September 4th.

As a runner, at least recently, I never really gave the triathlon much thought. This was mostly because I am not much of a swimmer. To put things into perspective, I am lucky to swim from one end of the pool and back without gasping for air, and no...it's not a long pool at all. I can bike and I can run, but I have some serious work to do in order to be able to swim in open water for one mile by September 4th. I might be the guy doing a back float and doggie paddling just to finish. I am currently taking some swimming lessons and watching YouTube Videos, we'll see how that all shakes out. Wish me luck!

Looks interesting doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment