Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Biking for a Cause

After much debate, procrastination, and sweet-talking my wife, I have finally decided to enter the world of cycling. I have thought about cycling on and off throughout the years but until now I have never been interested enough to part with the money required to purchase a bike and the necessary gear to go with it. Sure you can spend some money on running shoes and clothing, but getting started in cycling is a whole new ballgame. I did a lot of shopping around and asking questions before I bought my bike, I even pitted a couple of bike shops against each other to get the bike I wanted at the best possible price.

So here it is, the Giant Defy 3, so far it has been a great bike for me.


Other than the obvious fitness reasons for purchasing a bike, I have also signed up for a fundraising ride in August. I am riding 100 miles through Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa in order to raise funds for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation ( JDRF). This is a great organization that is working towards a cure for Juvenile Diabetes. My goal is to raise $3,000 or more for this ride. So here's my pitch -

If you can afford to donate even $5 towards this cause it would be greatly appreciated. You can quickly and easily donate here on my fundraising website. It's safe, secure website and you will absolutely not be spammed with emails, you can even donate anonymously if you like! 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I know many of you have families and other financial responsibilities. This is why I am only asking for a $5 donation. If you can and would like to donate more that would be awesome.

Thanks again, I will keep you updated on my training!

No comments:

Post a Comment