Friday, October 2, 2009

This is it, packed and ready to go.

A little bit of paranoia has set in these last couple of days.

I worry slightly about every little ache, pain or twitch that I feel.

I was trotting across a parking lot in the rain and the thought of slipping on one of the yellow stripes and pulling a muscle entered my mind.

What a shame it would be if there were some freak injury just hours before the marathon.

There is certainly a little self-doubt.

More so about finishing under four hours, yet a small sliver of doubt about finishing the race without walking.

I will finish.

There is a little aching pain in my right knee....I hope works itself out.

Really, I am not so much worried about my race preparations because, I am ready.

It's the unexpected, the stuff that you cannot control.

I just remembered...you are not supposed to worry about those things.

I'm not fretting, not biting my nails or anything like that.

Just a little concerned.

Now that I have that off of my chest.....it's time to suck it up and have fun.

If you have nothing better to do, you can watch my progress Sunday morning.

The race begins at 8am central time I am bib # 4954.

http://www.mtcmarathon.org/index.cfm

Thank you again for all of your support, this continues to be a great Journey to My First Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment